Joint Stock Company "Zavod "Dagdizel”
JSC "Zavod "Dagdizel” is the major engineering plant in the town of Kaspiysk. One of the Dagestan’s oldest and prominent plants, "Zavod "Dagdizel” was established in 1932. At Soviet times the plant was a leading diesel-building and torpedo-building plant of USSR.
Nowadays among its mainstream activities are the following:
- development and production of sea underwater weapon for the Russian Navy;
- production of industrial and marine diesel engines;
- production of diesel-engine power plants for land and marine employment;
- production of fittings for ventilation and conditioning systems used onboard ships, boats and vessels, as well as different agricultural, building and food-producing machines;
- production of high-pressure radial piston pumps;
- machining processing, founding, blacksmithing and tool production.
In 2008 "Dagdizel” became a member enterprise of the Concern “Sea Underwater Weapon - Gidropribor” which had been established in 2006 on the basis of FSUE CRI “Gidropribor” (St.-Petersburg), the leading developer of sea underwater weapon.
At the present time the plant yields the forth part of the Dagestan’ industrial output and the forth part of the industrial due. By the end of 2008, the defence capacities utilization was about 60% while the civil capacities utilization was 20%.